Delhi University BA Course Details
Distance learning has become a trend nowadays, as more and more students are taking admission in the universities through distance learning. In this article we are talking about Delhi University’s distance learning programme Bachelors in Arts (BA), Delhi University BA Course Details includes the whole details of the course including its fee structure, admission criteria, eligibility criteria and the types of courses in BA Programme at Delhi University.
Types of Programmes in BA
- BA Programme: Passing Certificate of Senior Secondary School (Class 12th) of the Central Board of Secondary Education OR pre–university examination of an Indian university recognised by DU OR intermediate examination of an Indian university, passed with 40% or above in any of the examination.
- BA (Hons.) English: The student should have at least 60% marks in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the CBSE Delhi or examination discussed in the above Paragraph. Student should also have to score at least 70% marks in English core language in class 12th and the student scoring 60% marks in English elective will be eligible for direct admission. The student should have to pass all the above criteria for taking admission in BA (Hons.) English.
- BA (Hons.) Political Science: The student should have at least 45% marks in the Senior Secondary Examination Conducted by the CBSE Delhi Examination class 12th with political science as a subject and 60% marks without political science subject.
|Programme||June 29-August 17 2016||August 18- September-15 2016|
|BA (Hons.) Political||Rs.3530||Rs.3730|
|BA (Hons.) English||Rs.3430||Rs.3630|
- Recent photograph and signature.
- Self attested copy of class 10th mark sheet and certificate.
- Self attested copy of class 12th mark sheet and certificate.
- Scanned copy of Migration certificate.
- The size of the photographs must be more than 4kb and less than 24 kb with the resolution of 100 pixel width and 120 pixel heights and the signature must be uploaded in the jpg format.
Subjects per year
- In BA programme first year, there are 5 language courses and 10 discipline courses.
- In second year there are one compulsory course and 7 language and foundation courses and 8 discipline courses.
- In third year there are one compulsory course 11 language and application courses and 9 discipline courses.
- In BA (Hons) political science programme first year, there are 3 compulsory courses, 8 language credit courses, 6 language qualifying courses and 5 interdisciplinary concurrent courses.
- In second year there are 3 compulsory courses and 5 discipline centred courses optional.
- In third year there are 3 compulsory courses and 7 concurrent & language courses.
- In BA (Hons) English programme first year there are 2 compulsory courses, 7 language credit course, 5 language qualifying course and 5 interdisciplinary concurrent courses.
- In second year there are 5 compulsory courses and 5 discipline centred courses optional.
- In third year there are 3 compulsory courses and 4 optional papers.
For more information you can visit http://sol.du.ac.in.