20 OMG Facebook Facts That You Should Know
As we already know that Facebook is the most popular social networking site, having billions of users day by day. Facebook changed our concept of how to connect with the people. We can stay connected with our friends even with the long distance communication gap. There are many OMG Facebook Facts that will blow our mind, here we are describing 20 WOW facts that you must know:
- Al Pacino was the first “face” of Facebook, “Mark Zuckerberg” and classmate “Andrew McCollum” created a logo using an image of Al Pacino that they found online which was covered with a fog of ones and zeroes.
- Posting once or twice posts per day generate 40% more engagement than posting three or four times per day. It is because the engagement is organic it is not paid, as we can’t force people to like our every post.
- You wouldn’t imagine the most shareable content on Facebook is videos as compared to text or graphic content, in September 2014 Facebook users watched a collective 1 billion videos per day.
- Around 600,000 hacking attempts are made to Facebook every day.
- A Smartphone user usually check its Facebook 14 times a day.
- The post published between 10:00 pm to 11:00 pm EST are 80% more engaged than post published on other times, also posts having interactions or questions are mostly interactive.
- Facebook tracks or keep the data sites you have visited, even when you have been logged out.
- Mark Zuckerberg suffers from red-green color blindness; this is the reason why Facebook is primarily blue.
- The very interesting fact about blocking is you can’t block Mark Zuckerberg on Facebook.
- In Britain, a woman was send to jail because of creating fake accounts on Facebook to send abusive messages to herself.
- The like button on Facebook was originally going to be call awesome.
- Every minute, 1.8 million new likes are made on Facebook.
- There are more than 2 million active advertisers on Facebook, this results Facebook is now the most widely advertising platform to generate business.
- Facebook user’s base grows by eight people per second or we can say 7,246 people every 15 minutes. It can be seen from the above stats that Facebook is growing everyday with the largest base of people among all the social Medias.
- Facebook stores approximately 300 PETABYTES of user’s data on its servers. There are about 1 million gigabytes in 1 petabyte.
- It is estimated that Facebook spends US$30 million a month on hosting alone.
- In year 2005, My Space was in talks to buy Facebook, but rejected Mark Zuckerberg’s asking price of US $75 million as too much expensive.
- Mark Zuckerberg receives a US$1 salary as a CEO of Facebook.
- Facebook not only cares about your present, but it takes care about your future as well, yes it has a feature that lets you designate who will manage your account if you die.
- Any text that we enter on status bar will send to the servers even if you don’t click the post button.
Thanks for your valuable time, hope you like these facebook facts!